13 Feb UICUF Officer Elections and Free Speech on Campus
- Campus Conversation on Free Speech: The Provost is hosting a discussion Thursday, Feb. 13, from 12:30 to 2 p.m. in the Illinois Rooms, Student Center East.
- Faculty Surveys are out and we need your participation to get the best results! Email us if you didn’t get one!
- UICUF Officer Elections will be held this April 13th and 14th for all elected positions in the union. Nomination forms are available on our website’s “People” page, and are due Monday, 3/30 by 5pm.
Campus Conversation on Free Speech
Provost Poser has announced that the university will hold a Campus Conversation concerning the contours of free speech on campus this week. The discussion will be held Thursday, Feb. 13, from 12:30 to 2 p.m. in the Illinois Rooms, Student Center East. Legal scholars will weigh in, and Q&A is welcome. We highly encourage you to participate, or tune in via youtube live at UIC’S YouTube channel.
We’re surveying everyone in our bargaining unit, and your participation will give us a much better understanding of what’s working and what’s not at UIC today. Topics covered include Academic Freedom, Facility maintenance, and Shared Governance. Check your email for an invitation to take the survey!
UICUF Officer Elections
We’ve just mailed the official announcement that the terms for our current UICUF officers and Reps will be expiring soon. Pursuant to our Constitution, nominations are now being accepted for the positions listed below. Descriptions of the duties of these offices can be found on the nomination forms and under Article VI of our Constitution.
Executive Board Positions
- Executive Vice President
- Secretary (no election; filled by immediate past-president)
- Vice President for Tenure System Faculty
- Vice President for Non-Tenure Track Faculty
- Vice President Chief Steward
Representative Assembly Seats
|1||Applied Health Sciences|
|2||Architecture, Design & the Arts|
|4||LAS / Humanities & Interdisciplinary Programs|
|3||LAS / Natural Sciences|
|2||LAS / Social & Behavioral Sciences|
|1||Tutorium in Intensive English|
|1||Urban Planning & Public Affairs|
Any faculty member who has signed up to be a UICUF member is eligible to vote or run for office. Nominations and endorsements are submitted electronically via the forms below, which are also available on our website’s “People” page.
- Representative Assembly:
Nomination forms must be submitted by 5pm, Monday, March 30th. The election will be conducted April 13th – 14th.
We issue regular updates via email, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and on our website. We encourage everyone to like and follow us on social media. If you want to contribute your story, pictures, video, or other content related to the activities of the union, email us at UICUnitedFaculty@gmail.com. With your support, we are making UIC an even better place to work and learn!