28 Feb UICUF Officer Nominations, Elections, Member Meeting
- Union Elections by Mail: Union Officer elections will be held in April via mail/drop-off ballot. Ballots will be mailed to members at their last known address by 3/31, and must be received via mail or dropped off in an on-campus drop box by 5pm, 4/20. If you have not yet received a notice of election at your home address, please email us to confirm a valid address ASAP.
- Officer Eligibility: Any member in good standing who joined the union prior to 10/20/21 (six months before election day), is eligible to run for office.
- Nominations and Endorsements: Candidates are required to collect and submit endorsements by 3/21 to put their name on the ballot. Alternatively, a member may be nominated from the floor during our upcoming member meeting on 3/16. See below for a list of elected positions and details on obtaining/submitting endorsements.
- UICUF Member Meeting 3/16: Our Spring Member Meeting is coming up Wed 3/16, 3-4:30pm (Calendar Link Here). This meeting will be held via zoom and in person at Student Center East. We will discuss our contract negotiations, union elections, and COVID organizing. If you plan on attending in person, RSVP so we can get a headcount.
Terms for our current UICUF Executive Board officers and college representatives expire at the end of the current academic year. Pursuant to our Constitution, nominations are now being accepted for the positions listed below. Descriptions of the duties of these offices can be found on the nomination forms and under Article VI of our Constitution.
Elected Executive Board Positions
- Executive Vice President
- Vice President Chief Steward
- Vice President for Tenure System Faculty
- Vice President for Non-Tenure System Faculty
At-large positions require 20 endorsements from union members to run. VP’s for the Tenure and Non-Tenure systems require 10 endorsements from union members in the relevant system to run.
Representative Assembly Seats
|1||Applied Health Sciences|
|2||Architecture, Design & the Arts|
|4||LAS / Humanities & Interdisciplinary Programs|
|2||LAS / Natural Sciences|
|2||LAS / Social & Behavioral Sciences|
|1||Tutorium in Intensive English|
|1||Urban Planning & Public Affairs|
Nominees for Representative Assembly need 5 endorsements from union members in the relevant college to run.
A UICUF member must have joined the union prior to October 20, 2021–six months prior to the election date of April 20, 2022–to be eligible to run for office.
Nominations (including self-nominations) and endorsements may be submitted electronically via the following links, and must be submitted by 5pm, Monday, March 21, 2022. Alternatively, nominations for office may be made from the floor of the March 16 Member Meeting.
NOMINATION FORMS (Including Self-Nomination)
Balloting by Mail
The election will be conducted via mail-in ballot which can be returned by mail or via on-campus dropbox. Ballots will be mailed to UICUF members no later than March 31, 2022, and completed ballots must arrive by mail or be dropped in campus ballot boxes no later than 5pm, Wednesday, April 20, 2022. For more details about the election, please contact the elections committee or visit the UICUF website.
UICUF Elections Committee
Sarah Abboud (Nursing)
Elise Archias (Architecture, Design, and the Arts)
Stephen Engelmann (Liberal Arts and Sciences)
Kathy Preissner (Applied Health Sciences)
Dale Reed (Engineering), Chair
Karen Ros (Liberal Arts and Sciences)
We issue regular updates via email, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and on our website. We encourage everyone to like and follow us on social media. If you want to contribute your story, pictures, video, or other content related to the activities of the union, email us at UICUnitedFaculty@gmail.com. With your support, we are making UIC an even SAFER place to work and learn!